Saturday June 14th! Friday was Jared's birthday and he worked. so we were going to go do some stuff for him the day after! we went and got pedicures! yes that's what he wanted. I'm not the kind of girl that takes my boyfriend to do things i want to do on his birthday. anyway so we went to the mall and got there just in time. no one was there yet and right when we got seated a ton of people came in.
here's our beautiful feet!
After we did that we went and got lunch at Bajio's. speaking of which Cafe Rio is way better. anyway! so we got lunch and then went to walmart to pick up some things for the camp fire we were going to go have that night. once we got home we had some time to spare so we played some rock band. i posted earlier about his cake i made but we sang to him after we were done with rock band. we went to my apartment and conveniently there were people there so that was nice. i didn't have to sing solo for him. i had got some trick candles but they didn't work so well.. i was a little disappointed. so here's some pictures with the cake
so annika was taking pictures as we were doing candles and things and it turned out that we didn't have the memory card in there. so we reenacted it...
somehow after talking to people and helping annika pick out an outfit for her blind date we lost a ton of time. we wanted to leave for the camp place by 4:30. we ended up leaving around 5:20. i had to run to the store and he had to pack up the car so we scrambled scrambled scrambled and finally got everything ready to go and the only thing we forgot was napkins! it was nice. so we drove up to the camp site and they had their best site reserved for us. it was the highest one up and didn't have many trees and the view was beautiful. it was still sunny out when we got there so instead of sitting in the sun we went for a little hike.. ok so it wasn't that little and i was wearing converse. its ok it was still pretty. we took some pictures.
After we were done killing our wonderfully soft pedicured feet with bad shoes on rocks we went back to the site and set things up. Jared got the fire started and i laid out the blankets and set up the computer and we started to cook our tin foil dinners. it was the first time I've done tin foil dinners by myself. they turned out really good. i put hamburger, onions, carrots, broccoli, tater tots and to top it off i threw in some cream of celery soup to make it all juicy and good. only one got a hole in it and even then it wasn't that bad. after dinner it started to get chilly so we had Jared's jackets and we brought lots of blankets. we were watching a movie when Jarad said he had some surprises for me. i was supposed to be giving him surprises! its his birthday for Pete's sake! anyway i started to get a little suspicious.. he had to be up to something... he asked me if i wanted my first surprise and i said yes and he pulled out this...
It was really cute. i love getting flowers. Jared always does a really good job at picking good ones out. so we set those aside and we watched the movie still and waited for the stars to come out. it was getting darker when he turned to me and said he needed to give me my second surprise before it got too dark. we were still laying down watching a movie so he couldn't possibly purpose then! instead he had me close my eyes and he pulled out these...
Real pearls! i was shocked! i love them!! and they will be perfect for a wedding... we continued to watch the movie and keep warm. i watched the stars. i love watching stars come out and seeing the sky get darker and darker. earlier when we were hiking and taking pictures Jared had me put his camera in his back pack so i did and i ran into this book thing.. all i saw was this paper with pictures of us i asked him what that was and he said it was a surprise. so i didn't ask much after that. so later he asked me if i wanted the third surprise even though i had already seen part of it and i said of course so we got it out and we went to go sit by the fire and read it...

it was really cute he had wrote and illustrated the story of us meeting and dating. it was really funny. so i was reading and laughing and then i turned to this page...
i was kinda surprised and didn't really know what to do. he got on one knee and pulled out a box. i sat there and just kinda stared... he said "you should probably stand up for this.." so i did and he said his cute little thing and of course i said yes! and we he stood up and we hugged and kissed and i was so happy and laughing! totally forgot about the ring. after a bit of that he was like " do you want to wear your ring??" so he put it on me and its beautiful and i love it! the rest of the night was just laughing and smiling. i couldn't control it. we ended up getting home about 12 exhausted. he went home and i went into my apartment and annika was up. she had gotten home from a blind date shortly before i got home and was really tiered too. i showed her the ring and there was a little freak out. she had heard from someone that heard from someone that heard from someone that it was going to happen that night anyway. so i told her the story and we talked about her date. annika being the cute self that she wanted to celebrate somehow but we just didn't know what and we were way to tiered anyways. so we took this picture and ate some leftovers. we will celebrate later but this is the picture we got...
And this is the best close up we could get of the ring!
9 comments:
Elle! We already talked and laughed at great length about this post, but I must say it's wonderful!! I love it! And I'm so happy for you guys. :) Also, a funny note, I see you wearing the red dress and peace earrings (I think) in Jared's bday pictures, and I wore the same exact thing, peace earrings and all this weekend on Friday and the beginning of Saturday (yeah, kinda gross, but I spent the night at my sister's and didn't bring any other clothes) ;). Anyhow, I love you! Congrats!!!
OH MY GOSH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Being married is fabulous!! You'll love it!
I knew you would end up leaving my sister once she got up there... you couldn't wait 2 more days! ;) But I guess it is for a good reason! Jared is a very lucky guy!! Seriously...I'm so excited for you!! (You better have a reception in Tucson!) Can't wait to see wedding details!
Elle! I am so excited for you! That is the cutest story ever! Jared treats you like a queen. What a good guy you have, and will have, for eternity! Oh man, I wish I could have been there for the freak out session. That would have been so fun. We'll have to celebrate when I get back home in 12 days! I miss you! Congrats!!!!!
Congratulations!!! Hooray! I'm so happy for you. Sounds like a great guy. I'm excited to meet him. Wait. How old are you? In my mind you're still like 12. Because Mika's still 12, too, right? Remember when we drove home from EFY with the window open the entire way. Yeah. Good times. Congrats.
i'll start looking for apartments in the ward so we can be bestest friends
Congratulations Dani! So when is the big day? I can't wait to hear all the details.
Hey! This is your cousin, Jenny, I found your blog on Kristen's. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you! He seems like he treats you really well and is really sweet! Good luck with everything!
YIPEE!!! I was dying to see pictures of thss day! I am so glad you said yes! (not that I had any doubt!) Welcome to the family. YOu couldn't have picked a better guy for your Hubby! And it looks like he couldn't have picked a better girl! We love you tons!
Hey Elle! Thanks for the comment! When I went to post I decided to change my look and never got around to a post. I'll add one soon. :) Looks like you found the website I used. Your blog looks amazing! I love it! And I like the new "sweet and simple." Fantastic.
Post a Comment