Thursday, July 15, 2010

Things I've been meaning to blog

So mom and dad were in town. Did you know? Mom was here for a month! She got here June 2 for Jen's baby. Right away she taught us how to make these neat little quilts that she learned to make in RS. Jen made one before the baby came and i have now made two. I don't know if i'm having a girl or a boy so i made both. The girl one isn't done. I need to hand stitch the binding to the back.



We didn't do much with mom. She was here to help Jen with the baby and she sure did help! I was taken care of better then i ever have been. Dinner was ready when i got home from work and i had things to take to work for lunch and snacks sense I've been eating so much. She cleaned and held Ben. Dad came in a few weeks after Ben was born. Soon after that mom and dad left for Washington to visit dad's parents. They came back and we went to the zoo and dad, Ethan and Michael went to the Payson pool. We blessed Ben on the 4th and then everyone left soon after that. We did some fireworks and i have a really cute picture of Ethan and dad but i can't get it off my phone... or find my phone...

Can you see Ethan's face in this picture? lol ! LOVE it!


Once upon a time there were two road shows at Costco. A modest swimsuit one and a maternity one. I didn't know at the time that I was pregnant so I bought a swim suit... a little too small so I could loose some weight (Ha!) and I looked at the maternity clothes. They were nice but expensive and I wasn't pregnant so why would I get some! Well I soon after found out I was pregnant and while I was in California visiting Jared's family my sister in law had some of these pants. She loves them. I tried them on and fell in love with them. They are so comfy and SO cute! I went online to see where I could get some and the only ones I could find were online for $100! I couldn't believe it. I was so upset. So I did some more research and I found out that this same maternity brand was going to be at the Costco in West Valley. So mom and I drove up there and got me some jeans. We also got Jen some super cute capris. I'm glad I bought these and I love them. Just so you know I recently went to Costco and they have these jeans. Not as a roadshow but as an actual item. They are $40.
I was hoping to not have to take pictures of myself but i couldn't find any good ones online.
The dark pair is my favorite but if my butt gets any bigger we'll be in trouble so i bought the other pair too. If i don't end up wearing them i'll return them. I left the tags on. It will probably be nice to have two pairs though. I'll be pregnant through the cold months. 
Sorry these pictures are so awkward. I'm the only one home.

I'm 15 weeks. I should probably start documenting this. Next hopefully Jared will be home to take it.

4 comments:

jen and michael said...

Dani you look awesome and have a cute butt in your jeans. sorry about your phone, but we are glad you are not ignoring us like we thought. ( we have sent you a lot of cute pictures) Let us know if you want to use jens phone as a temporary one!

kendle sue said...

man oh man! you are wearing maternity pants. i cant hardly believe it. [ps... they are cute! :) ] im glad you had fun with your parents in town. and seriously your quilts are fabulous... i need to finish mine. haha...

:)

OKTownsends said...

Those quilts are cute Dani. I always liked being taken care of by your mom too!

Amanda Kristeen said...

Awesome quilts! Not to mention the hot maternity jeans ;) Love you!