
I feel like my story really isn't that interesting. It was all planned. Well... sort of. Monday Dec 27 we went to the Dr for the normal weekly check up and he said "I think we should strip your membranes and set a date to induce you this week if you don't go into labor naturally." So we did. We left the Dr with a date for Thursday Dec 30th so I would have time to go into labor and he would only be a week early if it came to inducing. I was pretty freaked out. It all happened so fast. I called mom to tell her the news. She was on her way to my house that day along with everyone else. We tracked my contractions for two days. Nothing unusual was happening. Dec 30th came around and we were told that we would get a call from the hospital saying they are ready for us. That could have happened as early as 530 in the morning. Jared called to see what was happening and we were on a waiting list as number 2. We got the call and left for the hospital at 11am as I started to melt down. We made it to the hospital and I managed to calm down a bit. They got me into a room and started me on pitocin around 1. Soon after that mom and Kristen came. Around 3 Mom and Kristen left to run across the street to big lots to get some cards and things to do. When they were gone the Dr came in to check on me and said "I think we should break your water and get things moving a lot quicker." So we did. Things started happening a lot quicker. Contractions started to hurt. I was debating on when I should get my epidural. We called in the nurse to ask her opinion and she said the anesthesiologist was going into a C-section at 5 and wouldn't be able to get to me for another 45 min after that so I decided I didn't want to wait that long especially with things happening so fast. I got my epidural which wasn't as bad as everyone told me it was going to be. Jen and Dad came to visit while I was in labor. They stayed and hung out for a few hours and finally decided to go home to bed around 10. Right after they left they told me I should start pushing and that we would have a baby soon. So mom called them back. I pushed for about 2 hours with all the support I could ever want. Mom and Kristen were there as planned. Dad and Jen ended up staying too which was fun and of coarse Jared was there. He was my counter while I pushed and I wanted to punch him in the face because he counted so slow! Eventually he came out and our little baby Jacob was finally a part of this world.
If you didn't read all that here is the story in picture form.
The night before... like my outfit??
Starving. Trying to ignore Jared eating his panda express.
yup.
Getting closer. We don't have any pictures of mom and Kristen or of us playing games. We played yatzee and uno.
Things started getting bad when I ran out of epidural juice in the middle of pushing. we almost didn't get me more but its a good thing we did because i had to push for another hour after that.
Pushing.
A baby! I was shocked when the nurse said he had a ton of dark hair. I could have sworn i was going to have a bald or blonde baby!
9 pounds 5 ounces 21 inches long
Proud daddy .
Proud grandparents.
Dr Thorpe
Like my hair do?
Going home.
2 comments:
He is so cute! We can not wait to meet him!!
what a story!!
congratulations! he's just so cute!
ps... i cannot wait to meet him too!
Post a Comment