Monday, May 13, 2013

Chicks

When we bought our house they already had a little chicken coop in the back. We knew we would get chickens some day but not right away. Jared was talking to his brother who has chickens last Saturday when he decided it was time. For family home evening tonight we went and picked out 3 little chicks. We brought them home and while I played with them in the grass Jared got our coop back in working order. They are currently snuggled up together in our little coop cheeping away. I love how cute they are now. I hope I love them just as much when they are big because apparently you have to wipe feces build up off their little bums. Its a common way that chickens die... no one told me this before I decided to get chickens.
Here they are in all their cuteness for now.
At the store there were also rabbits. Jacob really liked those. He kept saying "bunny, bunny" So we decided to name one of our chicks bunny... We will see if it sticks.




Jared tried to get Jacob to hold one. He wasn't so sure about it. 


This is where they huddled up until we put them in the covered area with a heat lamp.


3 comments:

Kimberlee T said...

Good luck with those. I do not have any idea how to raise chickens. I look forward to watching your process.

Jennifer said...

I want to come see them when they are cute!

Amanda Kristeen said...

How fun! I'm so excited for you! What kinds did you get? PS I love the name "bunny." :)