Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Monkey Bread



Once upon a time this kid in my ward was like "Lets get together and I'll make orange rolls and you can make monkey bread!" so i was like "uh ok". Yeah I've never made monkey bread! I do have the recipe from mom so i decided it couldn't be that hard. It called for 4 cans of biscuits. So i got 4 can of biscuits and fallowed the recipe exactly. It turns out that when this recipe was written the only kinds of can of biscuits is the skinny little ones. I got big ones. We cooked it and it over flowed and it burned on top. Good thing we put a pan with foil on it under the bunt pan or else we would have had a major mess to clean up! We took off the burnt part on top and it even tasted pretty good and put the rest of it back in to cook. It cooked pretty well. When we took it out and let it cool it looked pretty good. When it came time to take it out it turned out to be way too gooey on the bottom. We scooped it out and put it on a plate and it wasn't half bad at all! It just wasn't pretty and didn't look like mom's. I assure you there will be another attempt and this soon. Next time it'll be perfect!

3 comments:

kendle sue said...

haha... oh man... that was still fun! you and jared did a great job! :) and im sure next time will be even more amazing!

Kristen and Ryan said...

that recipe could have confused the best of us. 4 cans is a little ambiguous.

and...

yo matey, I'm looking at plane tickets. call the temple and tell them when you're coming and then tell me! this decision is only the first of many, wedding take a lot of decisions! SO MAKE IT!!

Adrian said...

since when is too gooey a bad thing?? It's not pretty, but I would definitely eat it!!!