Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Job Search is Over!!

Welp i got a job today. I was out looking for a job in American Fork when i got a call from someone saying they wanted me to come in for an interview. I've handed out SO many resumes i had absolutely had no idea who called. So i called them back and said "of course i want an interview" and before i had to ask who they were and sound stupid she told me. I went in at 5:40 because I'm a dork and thought i would get lost but apparently someone else is a weirdo like me and got there before me. There was 6 other girls besides me and in the beginning we had one big "group interview" that was more like a intro. The office manager came out and said a few things. describe what we were applying for and how much we were going to get payed and things like that. Then the doctor came out and introduced himself and told us where he went to school, where he grew up and what year he graduated. things along those lines. Then he left and the office manager handed out paper and told us to number it 1-6. Then we took a quiz on what the doctor had said about himself. Lol i missed one. I didn't remember what year he graduated. I've never been good with dates. Then they brought us back one at a time for individual interviews. I was called back second because i was there second. It wasn't a normal interview. They didn't ask stupid questions like "why dental assisting" and "why do you think we should choose you other then the 6 other girls here tonight" i hate those questions. It was very comfortable and relaxed. The doctor and office manager were really nice and friendly and i had a lot of fun. Then they told me they were going to choose 2 people to come back for a working interview. Then they would choose over those two and the one they chose would start Monday. Well, They called me that night and asked me to come in tomorrow at 9... which was today for the working interview. I got there early and sat in on their daily meeting and then shadowed the lead dental assistant then the hygienist. The whole morning wasn't what i was expecting at all. everyone was talking to me like i was hired and just showing me around and how to do things and explaining everything. Then it was lunch time and the hygienist was said i should probably go to lunch then told me i should keep track of my hours and i said "i don't think I'm getting paid today.. this is a working interview" and she was like "What?" so i had no idea what was going on. When i got back from lunch i worked with the front office and learned all about that. around three or so the office manager pulled me aside and asked if i was 100% sure that this job was going to work out for me. I told her that i don't see why not. She stressed that they wanted me for a minimum of 3 years and i told her that Jared as at least 3 years of school left so i would be here for that long. And she said ok well then i would like to officially welcome you to our team. so... Voila! I have a job.


I now work for Dr. Gunnerson in Payson UT. Its kind of a drive but its ok. There's three other girls that live in Provo too. I love the office. It's very nice and everyone there is very nice. Plus everything is digital so... that's good.

3 comments:

OKTownsends said...

That is awesome for you, I bet you are so relieved.

kendle sue said...

wow! im so happy for you, danielle! this is going to be great! look at you being all grown up! :)

Kimberlee T said...

Congratulations! The best Christmas present you could get! It looks like a really nice office.