Well it didn't take very long. Jared let me get a fake tree. Probably because it was a pre lit, 6ft originally 60 dollar tree for 25... and maybe he loves me lol. We went together today and got ornaments and probably spent too much money. So our tree skirt is a sheet and i made the tree topper. I am absolutely in love with my tree.
Its funny how opposite mine and Jared's tree memories are. I always have known fake trees. I don't remember ever having a real tree. Our tree in my memories has always been elegant and perfect with white lights perfectly placed and the whole tree being perfectly balanced. Jared remembers getting real trees and loves the smell and the look of real trees. He had colored lights and all sorts of hand made macaroni and miss matched ornaments. I am not saying there is anything wrong with those kinds of trees. Its just my memories of Christmas the Christmas tree was different and i absolutely LOVE elegant, fake, pre lit, no spider or creepy crawly trees.

3 comments:
i love the ribbon! you did a great job decorating it! :)
oh and by the way... im totally digging your new background!
I love your perfect tree, Exactly the same as mine, even the colors (when we first got married). Now I can't wait for my kids to cover it with their memories. It makes me smile so much to see their faces as they pull out ornaments that remind them of past years. I hope someday you guys will get to experience that same joy of Christmas. Love you both can't wait to see you at Christmas.
Post a Comment