Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to me

Yesterday was my birthday! It was a good day. Jared woke up with Jacob at 7:30 and let me sleep... or rather take my time getting up till around 9. Then we headed out to WIC and to go to lunch. On our way to lunch we stopped by Costco to look at the cameras they had. I have been talking about getting a nice camera for awhile. I feel like Jacobs first year was not documented very well and I didn't want to continue on like this for much longer. At Costco Jared surprised me by actually buying a camera! I thought we were just there to look. Happy birthday to me! Then we went to Zupas for lunch. Jared had to go to work at 4 so Devin offered to take me out to dinner... with some encouragement and promise to pay from mom ; ) but it was very nice to hang out with family. Jen and Michael met us there. I felt like kind of a pig because i ate out twice yesterday but it was delicious. Thanks Mom for dinner, thanks Jared for buying me a camera and thanks Devin and Jen for keeping me company! Kristen I wish you could have been here!


Trying to figure out how to use this thing. There's so much to know to really feel like you are using it to its fullest potential!

Dinner
Ethan kept hiding from me

almost a smile

Ben is a professional

I had some cars in my bag to keep the boys happy.

Devin was excited to eat

Jacob was LOVING the bread sticks... good thing it was mommy's birthday and she didn't feel like caring if you ate anything else. 


This is why I wanted to come to olive garden... For their lemon... shooter... That's what Applebee's calls them I don't remember the fancy name olive garden uses for them but it is heavenly and the perfect size for that bite of sweet that I always want at the end of a meal. I meant to take a picture of it before I ate it. Jen and Michael got the zappoli... Doughnuts. Mmm delicious. 

 On an entirely different note I've been sewing! I have sewn three skirts for maternity me. I wanted them to be casual so I can wear them daily but I always feel so dressy when I'm in a skirt because I don't normally wear skirts daily. 
This was the third I made and probably the one that turned out the best.

This was the first and it is kind of sloppy. 

This one is super comfy and i love it all except it is completely see through... and its a little long I need to hem it some more. 

And to top it off here is some Jacob.


He is loving to read. He has gotten to the point where he will bring you a book to read to him and I love it. 

Also while i'm doing laundry he likes to crawl around in our baskets. 

And yes he loves to look at himself in the mirror

The end.

3 comments:

Kimberlee T said...

Happy Birthday! Wish I could have been there too. Ben is a good cheeser and that one pic of Jacob he has the saddest puppy dog eyes. Can't wait to see more pics with your new camera

Kristen and Ryan said...

Nice pictures Dani! I'm so excited you got a camera! They are so fun and taking pictures of your kids is the best!

Amanda Kristeen said...

How fun! I'm glad you had such a great birthday and wowza! Awesome skirts! Great job Elle! (the 3rd one's my favorite- I love the colors, and I say GO for it with the skirts! They were my FAVORITE to wear when I was pregnant. All the time. It's just so COMFY. You can pull off the casual, cute everyday look definately.