Sunday, September 26, 2010

25 Weeks

Pregnancy update!
I got to experience what a sciatic nerve can do to you last Sunday. It started Saturday night and when i woke up Sunday i could barely walk! I seriously thought I was going to die. I limped out of my room and Jen was like "what is wrong with you?" I explained what I was feeling and her and Michael were both like "Welcome to pregnancy!" She told me it was my sciatic nerve so I went and googled it. The only ways of relief were message therapy, physical therapy or to stay off your feet. That wasn't going to happen. I'm on my feet all day at work! So the rest of that day I stayed in bed with my feet up, slept sitting up with my feet up and woke up with a little bit of discomfort. I went to work and warned people that I didn't know what was going to happen that day but it ended up going away instead of getting worse. It was completely gone by the end of the week. What a relief! I was so worried i was going to have this pain for the rest of my pregnancy and 3 months afterward! So that was a fun adventure.
I've been enjoying all the maternity clothes I've borrowed from my sisters. The dress I wore today I just HAD to wear my red heels with. We walk to church. Its not very far but if you've walked to church in 3in heels you would understand. I think it will have to be my last time wearing heels because half way through church my sciatic nerve started telling me my shoes were a bad idea. Hey I looked good so thats all that matters right?... until I can't walk anymore because of sciatica... We'll see what happens!
I haven't been doing very well with taking belly pictures. I think I've said this before. I did have people take some two weeks ago and then again today. So here they are!
This is 23 weeks.
I was taking pictures of myself when Michael asked if i wanted help.
Picture courtesy of Michael

This is 25 weeks
 Jared's not capable of taking pictures... here's his attempt. You can see my baby bump pretty well its just blurry and kind of weird that he cut my head off.
 Here's Jen's attempt. Not bad, not bad I'm just not a fan of pictures of me.
 Ethan wanted a turn
 And then he wanted a turn taking pictures

Gotta love that kid. Also gotta love Ben! He is sure fun to have around as well. In Sunday school today he was cracking up laughing at the people behind us. Gotta love baby laughs too!

4 comments:

Adrian said...

Oh Dani, your belly bump is so cute! Sorry to hear about your sciatic nerve pain! Fun huh? I had it in spurts throughout my pregnancy. My doctor recommended swimming. It might be a little late in the season where you live. Maybe you should just come to Tucson and live in your Mom's pool! It helped me SOO much!

The Marshall Family said...

super duper cutie! Love the belly, love the bows in your hair, and love love love the shoes! Glad your feeling ok.

kendle sue said...

oh my gosh! your baby belly is so cute! thanks for posting pictures! and im glad that sciatic junk went away... hopefully it doenst really come back! sheesh. you are SO cute! love ya! :)

jen and michael said...

oh Dani...you are pretty cute. Thanks for putting up with my crazy boys. We love you!! You are super cute and I can't wait to see your little guy!