Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Its Fall

I don't blog much apparently. I also don't take pictures with my camera anymore. most of these pictures are from my phone. Anyway here is all the fall things I've been doing.

Jared's mom and sister Anna came into town for Granny's birthday. We got to go to a pumpkin patch with them and Jared's brother Ryan's family.

While Anna was in town we went to a couple home decor stores and Jared really liked and let me buy these from Rodworks. I love them.

I made owl gingerbread cookies and ate them all myself... ok not really but almost!

I made tortellini soup. I love soup season and its getting cooler in Utah so soups on!

and finally I glittered some pumpkins to go next to some other Halloween things that I will blog later when its all put together.


Now on a different note I just wanted to share these


Jared brought them home for me they are beautiful. They are also Gerber daisies which aren't very strong and don't last very long. I should probably cut them down but i loved how long their stems are.

AND last but not least a story. A very scary, icky story that is for Kendle. If you do not like spiders do not scroll down to see the picture. I won't.
Once upon a time I wanted some ice cream. Jared and I have a chest freezer that Jared got for his birthday this year. It's in our garage. My biggest fear is when I go out to get something at night and its pitch black in our garage and i blindly reach out to turn on the light my hand will find a spider and not the light switch. So I go out to get ice cream, flip on the light, go to open my freezer, look up and SCREAM! There is a GIANT spider right in front of my face RIGHT next to the door. I run inside without closing the door and tell Jared and Micheal they have to get this spider as i'm trying to keep it together. I go into the other room and break down and start crying of all things (i blame pregnancy) and wait for that spider to meet its fate. I can hear the boys in the other room talking about how big it is and Jen refusing to go look. THEN they start talking about what they are going to catch it in. Michael catches it and sets on our porch (because Jen refused to have it in our house. Thank goodness) a container with a giant spider in it. The days go buy and Michael feeds it, watches it, is fascinated by it and even names it. While I have to be haunted by it everyday! At last I see he put the container in the garage, on the work bench in front of where I park, thinking he had disposed of his nasty pet. I pull in one day from work and see that IT's still in there. He brought it in so it wouldn't be cold.... really. really Michael. It is still there to this day. If only you could see my face as I tell this story. Anyway here's the nasty thing. If it doesn't look huge... well it is. The picture might not do it justice. I wouldn't know. It took all my courage to take a picture of the thing.



3 comments:

kendle sue said...

bahaha!! thank you for FINALLY blogging the scary spider story... that is a pretty gross one! lol!! but im not gonna lie... i honest to goodness laughed out loud imagining you freaking out. :)

and ps, those owl cookies are positively fantastic!!

Kristen and Ryan said...

Yeah that definitely looks bigger than it did in the phone picture. I would have screamed.

Amanda Kristeen said...

OH MY GOSH!! That is ONE nasty spider. AND while I was relating your horrific tale to Annika our roommate Mikaela came up to ask for us to kill this big, ole nasty spider in her room. I had several heart attacks, screamed, and smashed him to bits. I would recommend Michael do the same. ;)