Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween Decor

While searching through blogs one Saturday i came across this really cute vinyl sign! Luckily i have an amazing sister in law that does vinyl and happened to be coming to Utah soon. I had her cute me some vinyl and then i did the rest. This was my first time doing vinyl but how hard could it be? Luckily this was a sign that didn't have to be on super straight because i didn't put it on straight and it was the most stressful thing i have ever done. I stained it after putting the letters on. The website said she used gel stain. I looked at Michaels, Joanne's and Roberts and couldn't find gel stain. I bought a couple things that looked and sounded similar but didn't work. Finally Hobby Lobby opened in orem and I looked there and they had it! Hobby Lobby is my new favorite place. I'm really happy it turned out and i'm happy that i got it done in time for Halloween.

Heres the original creator poppies at play

1 comment:

kendle sue said...

fantastic!! i love it!! i'm so jealous... ive heard awesome things about hobby lobby! seriously... and your candy corn votives? adorable! and your glittery pumpkins? amazing!

ps... i want to see your little baby belly again. youre just an awful cute pregnant lady! :) also... i miss you. come visit!