Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas time is here

I love Christmas time.
 Its so fun to shop for gifts and decorate your house. I am not a huge fan of decorating for all holidays and I especially don't like to go all out for any other holiday but Christmas.
 I always loved my mom's beautiful elegant tree. Jared has memories of a tree with colored lights and homemade ornaments and I suppose we had one of those too when Kristen and Jen were little. I remember looking at the old ornaments a few Christmas's ago but my memories always have the big gorgeous pink and silver themed tree. I loved it. So when it came to decorating my tree it had to go to the elegant side and guess what? I love it! 
The Kissell's were making paper snowflakes when I was oovooing with them one day and Kate taught me how to do some. That one in the window that you can see looks like a spiderweb but its not...it's a snowflake.


Mom got us this ornament for our first Christmas together and I love it. It goes perfectly with my tree and its gorgeous! Thanks mom


Jacob is in our lives this Christmas so I had to baby proof my tree and put my hope chest in front of it. He likes to look at it when I first turn on the lights but gets bored with it soon after. We would like to go look at lights with him this year but I'm not sure if he will be that interested in them. I guess we will find out.
This is our kids nativity. Its playmobile and I love it but its not ideal for toddlers. It has lots of small pieces that are very much choking hazards. So I only put the big pieces out... Baby Jesus was too small to put out... so we have a nativity with no baby Jesus. This is what it looked like. Notice all the crowns and gifts on the kings and other such things.



I would like to find or make something Christmasy to put up instead of that bird painting. I think it would really tie it all in.


Well happy Christmas decorating to you all!
PS We find out what we are having on the 19th. I would like to think of a fun way to tell my family at least but I should post what we are having soon after that.

2 comments:

kendle sue said...

so fun! i missed the majority of our christmas decorating :( but yours look so awesome! your tree is beautiful!

Kimberlee T said...

Those are much better than any snowflakes we made for our windows. I'm impressed! I think your tree is beautiful.