Happy Thanksgiving! Nothing that exciting happened to Jared and I this thanksgiving. Our cars wouldn't make it anywhere and so we didn't go anywhere. Jen and Michael were staying in Provo as well so we decided to do it together. The asignments ended up being McLaughlins doing the turkey and the Fongs doing everything else! lol we bothe did pie though.
The day before Thanksgiving I made pies. I used Jared's mom's recipe for pie crust. The recipe said it would make two 9 in crusts but it made more. so i ended up make 3 pies which was good because the banana cream pie recipe that i got from Jared's side of the family made enough filling for two pies. So i made pumpkin pie of course and two banana cream.
Also the day before Jared made a brine for our turkey and we put it in a trash bag to brine over ngiht. Jared had to wake up early to flip it so it would brine evenly. He startred cooking it at 9 and it was ready by 1. It looked beautiful! We don't have a big beautiful platter to serve it on so jared hacked into it and we just served it on a normal plate lol which was completely fine for us and our dinner company. I didn't take pictures of Jared carving it though :( I think Micheal did so you'll have to check out their blog for more pictures. I also didn't get pictures of Jen and Micheal and what they brought. They of course brought potatoes, green bean casserole, crenberry sauce and rolls.
And now today is the official first day of the Christmas season. I put Christmas music on my ipod and put the few decorations jared and i own up. It didn't take very long and Jared and I don't have a tree yet but it was still fun and i thoroughly enjoy having Christmas things up. Jared and I agrue back and forth about a real tree vs a fake tree. Once we get a tree i will obviously blog about it. I hope it is soon. Untill the I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving and I wish you a happy decorating for Christmas day!
2 comments:
so... your thanksgiving looks so cute! cute pies... cute table- i just love it! too fun!
and i really need to go get mint m&m's.... yours look so cute in that jar!
:)
Cute decorations. Love the Nativity. Can't wait to see your tree!
Post a Comment