The 19th was our anniversary and that was the same day we found out we were having a girl. We celebrated with some Christmas traditions that we were not going to be able to do this year on Christmas. We went to IHOP for breakfast. Jared's family always did this Christmas morning. Then we had Jen and Michael take Jacob so we could go to Olive Garden. Where my family does Christmas Eve dinner. On the way home we drove through Spanish Fork's festival of lights. I had never seen it. It was pretty cool... kinda funny. I like to see houses decorated more then what we saw there but it was fun to have that time with Jared.
We opened Christmas jamies and read the Christmas story on Christmas Eve eve. Jared was working Christmas Eve.
Jacob and I went to eat with daddy Christmas eve and ended up eating alone. Jared would come sit for a few seconds at a time or he would take Jacob on his rounds of tables to see how customers were doing. The table next to me were wondering why I was alone and thought maybe my husband was over seas.
Christmas morning started at 8. Not bad I suppose it will get earlier as kids grow up. Jacob was kind of excited. The first gift I gave to him he opened really well. He really liked what he got and held on to them the rest of the time so opening the other gifts was mostly done by Jared and I. Jacob was out by noon. He cuddled for a long time with me and eventually fell asleep in my arms which I love and never really let happen much so it was a very nice Christmas present. We went to Jared's aunt Marcia's for dinner. Her kids were there and Granny lives with them. They are always such nice company. Dinner was amazing. Much better then what I would have cooked up and we were able to enjoy a piece of pie and part of a game of rook before Jacob had a nasty nasty blow out and was ready to go home. I'm still not used to Christmas on my own. I feel like I should be home in Tucson eating cookies while playing games and going to movies like the old days but it was a very enjoyable holiday despite my slight homesickness.

This is the first time we played with it. He was still trying to get the hang of it.
This is when he got the hang of it and is starting like it better. It was taken on my phone and in not very good light...



2 comments:
aw! what a merry christmas you had! i would have loved for you and jacob and jared to be down here... maybe next year? that boy of yours gets more cute every time i see him!
Merry Christmas! :) Your Christmas card is so cute it's on our tree. :) Right now. We didn't get our tree until Christmas Eve, so it's still up so we can really enjoy it. :) You're such a cute little family Elle.
Post a Comment