Once upon a time I was in high school and this was my car. We sold it today. As we did so I felt a little pang of sadness. So I had to have a tribute blog post about this car. We had some good times.
Like the time mom ran into a pole the day she bought it.
And all those times listening to weezer and dashboard and other such high school music while driving to things like orthodontic appointments with Devin, stake dances, driving home from thatcher on weekends and eventually making trips from provo.
Remember that one time I switched lines and apparently didn't check my blind spot for a ginormous truck and I hit him. There was not a scratch on his truck and I was pretty sure I charmed him into not calling it into the insurance companies but he did and my parents were mad.
There were lots of ornaments that hung here. Like the fish hooks that have the cute little rubber fish on them. They were cute until one day i hooked my figure. Man that hurts. I always had my dragon up though. Kendle gave it to me from china town. Its supposed to be good luck.
The sunroof worked once upon a time and there were some good times with that like when my driver side window was acting up and we went through the drive through at burger king and they had to give us our food through the sun roof but eventually it broke and we had to seal it shut because it was too expensive to fix.
The back windows stopped working really early on and dad used cocking to seal them shut. Another time when my driver side window wasn't working right I got pulled over and could only roll down my window a third of the way and the officer thought I was going to kill him when he got close.
Some other good times...
One time after ceramics in thatcher there was a beetle in my pant leg. I was scratching my knee and there was a big bump on it so I reached up and grabbed it and pulled it out and I was only freaking out a little until Kendle screamed just to freak me out more so I screamed and jumped out of the car while it was in reverse and while I did the freak out dance Kendle stopped the car and drove us both home where i promptly undressed and checked the rest of my clothes for beetles.
All the late night trips to Walmart to get ice cream sandwiches while we talked about boy problems.
The time where I helped either Kendle or Kara (I'm sorry I can't remember) ditch school by hiding her in my trunk. I don't think it was necessary to do that but it was funny to watch the people walking by as she climbed out of my trunk.
Love you little camry and I will probably not miss you too much but I will miss the reminders of good times.
2 comments:
Ah Mystique... I'd love to share a few parting words at this funeral. We had great times together. Like the time we drove all night to AZ, stopped at the border and used her car door as a Martinelli's bottle opener. Or the times we had to put water on the keyhole to unfreeze it to go to church. Or the crazy Disneyland-icy roads to and fro Walmart. And specifically the car dancing. Lots and lots of dancing in that car. :) Thanks for all the fun Mystique. I'll miss you.
Never as much as I miss you though, Elle. Love you! Hope pregnancy is going okay!
oh em gee. i'm seriously laughing so hard right now. this was a good memorial post. we did have a lot of good times in this ol' car! i had forgotten about the beetle story! so funny! and that's EXACTLY how it happened! lol! oh my gosh though... so much weeezer and dashboard and jimmy eat world! i really love ALL of those stories. i'm glad you took pictures of your car so we could remember it :)
Post a Comment