Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dinner party

Jared had last night off and we finally planned something. We had some friends over for a dinner party. and i forgot to take pictures to blog about it.  So i will just talk about it which is so not as fun and i'm sorry. I need a new camera.

I should say Jared planned something. He planned what we were having. His specialty, baliatas... I think thats how you spell it. He learned how to make it on his mission. You make homemade tortillas which is fun. We all had a good time patting out tortillas and instead of normal taco meat you use chorizo... kind of a mexican sausage that you cook with eggs. Jared actually planned this meal for our first date. Our tortillas didn't turn out that big so we ate them like tostadas or soft tacos.

Jared has also been watching Food Net. and has printed off a few recipes to try. So last night we tried peach cobbler. It was delicious. the crumbly crust on top had slivered almonds and cranberries in it. Jared thought it was too rich but it was just right for me lol  you can find the recipe here

***********
It snowed this morning and stuck. the first real snow of the season. it melted away pretty quick but its snowing again the flakes just keep getting bigger.

*********
The job search still continues for me. I have had one interview that seemed promisng but i haven't heard back from them. there was a job opening in an orthodontist office posted on craigs list early this week but when i went in to talk to them the docotor wasn't in. I'll go back monday. crossing my fingures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

way to have friends over!! thats great!

and sorry about the snow... im still in flip flops... :)