I asked Kristen to email me our Grandma Douce's gingerbread cookie recipie so i could make them for Chirstmas. We were invited to dinner at a friends house last night and we were assigned dessert. I thought it would be a perfect time to practice making them. So Saturday night Jared and i ran to walmart to grab a few things that we needed like molasses and christmas shape cookie cutters. When we got home Jared was like "we should have gotten a turkey cookie cutter or something cuz its Thanksgiving...". Anyway, Sunday morning I made the dough and then put it in the refrigerator to chill. After church I rolled out and cut pumpkins and with the end of the dough i shaped a turkey and a pilgram hat for jared.
Today after work i rolled out the rest and tested my christmas shapes. I love them.
I don't know why sugar cookies are so hard for me but rolling out, cutting and baking gingerbread was so much easier. The icing did give me some problems on sunday. I made more today and it worked a heck of a lot better. I'm all ready to make lots for Christmas.




2 comments:
They look yummy! I want one.
your icing is so shiny! i want your recipe! lol... im glad these worked for you! they look awesome! :)
Post a Comment